Just with the arrival of iOS 7 operating system, many mobile interfaces were changed to flat design, which, nowadays, is one of the hottest trends in designing world. The next awesome thing that is on the way and is going to fill the design world with new breath is “Long Shadow”. As you have might already guessed, this trend involved some objects which have long shadows and they really look fabulous. The upcoming trend is mainly used in smaller objects such as icon or logo. Shadows are usually put inside the element, such as logo or icon and often prolong out of the object to the frame that surrounds the object. The designer of this trend is Jeff Escalante. As he mentions, the main characteristics of long shadow design are: the shadow prolongs nearly 45 degree angle and has the size of 2.5 times of the element.
If you want to generate long shadow icons yourself, here are some useful resources for you:
Below, we have collected the best 20 flat long shadow icon examples, that will inspire you a lot to create your own trendy icons.
1. Snow foxy, which has a combination of great colors
2. Travel icon, which can be used for apps that are travel oriented
3. Espresso, which is a great icon for cafes or restaurants
4. Camera, which can be used for photo editing apps
5. New trendy icon for Twitter
6. New icon for Apple
7. Icon, which can be used as a Calendar App
8. Google play in a trendy way
10. Icon to use as an alarm clock app
11. Cloud icon
12. All iOS icons
13. Social media icons
14. New design for app Hint
15. Mail icon created with long shadow
16. Marlboro icon
17. “Hello” typography
18. New profile icons for social media networks
19. Trendy icon for painting apps
20. FaceTime icon in a trend
So, here are the best 20 flat long shadow icons examples that every graphic designers needs to check in order to get some inspiration. Do you have other great examples? If so, please share them with us in the comments below.
Here’s another article you might like: Pros and Cons of Flat Design